It was in 2005 while living in Jerusalem, Israel, that the prophetic books of the Old Testament (Tanakh) came alive to me. I would literally sit in my living room with Bible in hand, seeing the words I had just read being played out before me on the evening news!
Acts 3:20-21 also began to capture my thoughts. Jesus (Yeshua) was being retained in heaven until the restoration of all things spoken by the prophets. What had the prophets foretold must happen before Jesus could return? What was meant by restoration of all things? Could the Church facilitate or hinder this restoration, and thus, His return?
The more I sought for answers to these questions, the more I came to understand:
- God has an ancient plan in process for the restoration of the Jewish people. It involves their physical restoration to the Land of Israel, and their spiritual revelation of Yeshua as their Messiah and Son of God.
- God has a plan of restoration in process for the Church. It was hijacked from its first century Hebraic roots, and subsequently devolved into a pagan/papal world religion devoid of much biblical truth and power.
- God is bringing them both together now—the Messianic Jews and the gentile Church—to answer Yeshua’s prayer (John 17:21, Complete Hebrew Bible):
“. . .that they all may be one. Just as you, Father, are united with me and I with you, I pray that they may be united with us, so that the world may believe that You sent me.”
To facilitate this restoration and revelation of Yeshua to the world, MELVA LEA MINISTRIES serves as a BRIDGE connecting the (mostly) gentile Church directly to Messianic Jewish congregations and ministries in Israel.
For 2000 years the Church has pursued the commission of Matthew 28:19-20, to go into all the world and disciple the gentile nations. We have believed that one day, miraculously, apart from any help from the Church, God would wave a magic wand and the Jewish people would open their eyes to the truth that Yeshua is their Messiah and Son of God.
But what could happen if the Church awoke to the principle of “to the Jew first?” Could we actually accelerate the coming of the Lord?
- What if congregations throughout the gentile world deliberately connected into Israel and the Jewish harvest? In Israel today, there are around 15,000 Jewish believers (Messianic Jews) who publicly profess their faith in Yeshua.
- What if the Church prioritized strengthening the indigenous Jewish believers to bring forth the harvest in Israel, just like we do among the gentile nations?
- What if we made Israel the centerpiece of our missions’ giving, rather than an afterthought (if any thought!) out on the periphery.
I invite you to utilize this website to discover how you can participate in this great end time venture—the restoration of all things!
Melva Lea Beacham
Melva Lea Ministries works toward the “Restoration of all things” (Acts 3:20,21) through:
1. Educating the Church regarding our lost Hebraic roots.
2. Understanding current events through prophetic biblical insight.
3. Connecting the Body of Christ with congregations and ministries in Israel.
4. Bringing understanding of God’s end time plan for Israel and the Church.
MLM publishes a monthly e-letter, “Understanding the Times,” operates a website and hosts tours to Israel. Melva Lea Beacham is available for ministry in churches, conferences and seminars.
Melva Lea Ministries was founded in 1999 and is a 501 C-3 with a Board of Directors.